[Snort-users] Snort v2.7.0 Now Available

Todd Wease twease at ...1935...
Fri Jul 20 18:20:33 EDT 2007

Colin

The problem you have come across will only happen when GRE is enabled in
Snort with the --enable-gre option to configure and a Stream5
configuration is used.  Using a Stream4 configuration will not cause the
issue.  Please note that the GRE option is still experimental in Snort.

The issue is due to some code porting from Stream4 to Stream5 involving
the updating of a GRE packet counter.

A bug has been created, but for now, attached is a patch that should
remedy the problem for those that would like to continue using the
experimental GRE option with Stream5.

Thanks Colin for testing out the GRE option in Snort and finding and
posting this issue.

Thanks
Todd