[Snort-users] ACSM-No Memory: queue_add!

Marc Norton mnorton at ...1935...
Wed Jul 18 17:11:19 EDT 2007

Your out of memory for the snort process.  The AC pattern matcher can use a
bunch.  In snort.conf you can change this to a different lower memory pattern
matcher using:

config detection: search_method ac-bnfa

be sure to check for a 'config detection: search_method' line 1st, if you have
one it probably uses 'ac' instead of 'ac-bnfa', just change 'ac' to 'ac-bnfa'.

REJK295 wrote:
> I am relatively new to snort so I'm not really sure
> were to start. I am currently receiving this message
> when trying to run snort 2.6.1.5 on OpenSuSe10.2
> "ACSM-No Memory: queue_add!" . It seems to be coming
> up after the line "Decoding Ethernet on interface
> eth1" . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marc Norton
Sourcefire,Inc   410-423-1924
www.snort.org    www.sourcefire.com