[Snort-users] mysql error

Atkins, Dwane P ATKINSD at ...9240...
Tue Jul 17 15:59:06 EDT 2007

It has been fixed.  It was a typo on my part in the snort.conf.  In the
output database section, I had quotes around the password.

Thanks to all.

DWane

________________________________

From: Atkins, Dwane P
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 1:34 PM
To: Snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: mysql error

I am trying to install snort on a device. And when I run the snort -c
/etc/snort/snort.conf, I receive the ERROR: database: mysql_error:
Access denied for user 'snort'@'localhost' (using password: YES) Fatal
Error, Quitting..

I can log into mysql using the snort login.  I have entered the
following commands:

grant INSERT,SELECT on root.* to snort at ...274...; SET PASSWORD FOR
snort at ...274...=PASSWORD('********');
grant CREATE,INSERT,SELECT,DELETE,UPDATE on snort.* to snort at ...274...;
grant CREATE,INSERT,SELECT,DELETE,UPDATE on snort.* to snort;

I seem to recall that there was a way to clear permissions in mysql. But
I cannot remember the commands.

Any help would be appreciate.

Dwane

<mailto:atkinsd at ...9240...>