[Snort-users] mysql error

Atkins, Dwane P ATKINSD at ...9240...
Tue Jul 17 15:25:19 EDT 2007

I also have just done a 'flush privileges' on mysql.

Does the syntax look good?  I am trying to set this up on Fedora 6 using
Snort Enterprise Install by Patrick Harris.  I also tried to leave out
the Barnyard portion of the documentation since I am not real sure what
this does.

Thanks

DWane

________________________________

From: snort-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Atkins,
Dwane P
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 1:34 PM
To: Snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] mysql error

I am trying to install snort on a device. And when I run the snort -c
/etc/snort/snort.conf, I receive the ERROR: database: mysql_error:
Access denied for user 'snort'@'localhost' (using password: YES) Fatal
Error, Quitting..

I can log into mysql using the snort login.  I have entered the
following commands:

grant INSERT,SELECT on root.* to snort at ...274...; SET PASSWORD FOR
snort at ...274...=PASSWORD('********');
grant CREATE,INSERT,SELECT,DELETE,UPDATE on snort.* to snort at ...274...;
grant CREATE,INSERT,SELECT,DELETE,UPDATE on snort.* to snort;

I seem to recall that there was a way to clear permissions in mysql. But
I cannot remember the commands.

Any help would be appreciate.

Dwane

<mailto:atkinsd at ...9240...>