[Snort-users] mysql error

Atkins, Dwane P ATKINSD at ...9240...
Tue Jul 17 14:34:18 EDT 2007

I am trying to install snort on a device. And when I run the snort -c
/etc/snort/snort.conf, I receive the ERROR: database: mysql_error:
Access denied for user 'snort'@'localhost' (using password: YES) Fatal
Error, Quitting..

I can log into mysql using the snort login.  I have entered the
following commands:

grant INSERT,SELECT on root.* to snort at ...274...; SET PASSWORD FOR
snort at ...274...=PASSWORD('********');
grant CREATE,INSERT,SELECT,DELETE,UPDATE on snort.* to snort at ...274...;
grant CREATE,INSERT,SELECT,DELETE,UPDATE on snort.* to snort;

I seem to recall that there was a way to clear permissions in mysql. But
I cannot remember the commands.

Any help would be appreciate.

Dwane

<mailto:atkinsd at ...9240...>