[Snort-users] Database Insertion Error

Dirk Geschke dirk at ...10648...
Thu Jul 12 15:25:18 EDT 2007

Hi Marc,

> I have 8 sensors running the same version of Snort (2.6.0.2) all configured
> to send data to a Postgress DB (Enterprise DB).  Some of the sensors are not
> able to send to the db, the error is messages is:
>
> database: inconsistent cid information for sid=14
>
> Anyone have any idea on how to correct this?

I think this is not really a problem, it is just a warning message,
the next line should have been one like

   Recovering by rolling forward the cid=...

This happens if a connection is interrupted. Normally on a regular
shutdown the database gets actualized. This did not happen but is
corrected by the reconnect.

Best regards

Dirk