[Snort-users] Snort 2.7.0 Beta Update

Steven Sturges steve.sturges at ...1935...
Mon Jan 29 17:32:59 EST 2007

We've heard from a half-dozen people who are actively testing
Snort 2.7.0 Beta.  But we need many many more!

Those folks have submitted a few questions and issues, some of
which turned out to be bugs that will be resolved in the next
Beta (currently scheduled for mid February) -- code will be
updated in CVS weekly.

Even though Stream5 was released as beta with Snort 2.6.1, a number
of improvements have been made, particularly in the memory
consumption, handling of TCP timestamp option (completely new),
and target-based decisions for each side of the session.

Visit www.snort.org for details on downloading the beta RPMs or
source code.

Don't forget that when you submit credible bugs for the Beta, send
us some contact information and you'll receive some Snort goodies!

Cheers.
-steve