[Snort-users] BASE config problem

David.Ryan at ...13912... David.Ryan at ...13912...
Fri Jan 26 11:57:01 EST 2007

Hi all,

Apologies if this is not the correct forum, but I hope it is.

I am in the middle of setting up snort 2.6.0.2 and have got most of it
working, but I am stuck with part of the base 1.2.7 setup.  I have done
all it said in the various references I found on the web (at least I think
I have), but when I get to the setup stage and enter the database settings
the browser tries to load setup2.php?action=check but nothing is ever
returned.

If I change the url to point to setup3.php the process continues, but it
looks like the base_conf.php is never written and the process fails.

I manually edited a new base_conf.php and could at east login to the base
front end using the credentials in the config file, but once more I am
greeted with a blank screen.

Can anyone give me some hints on what might be going wrong on this front
please ?  Even an indication of which set of logs to be looking into -
something for php, the apache logs, or something else entirely ?

Thanks,

David
=================================
David Ryan
IT Security Engineer, Global IT Security
Quintiles SIS, QDUB

**********************  IMPORTANT--PLEASE READ  ************************
This electronic message, including its attachments, is COMPANY CONFIDENTIAL
and may contain PROPRIETARY or LEGALLY PRIVILEGED information.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this message or any of the information included
in it is unauthorized and strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and
permanently delete this message and its attachments, along with any copies
thereof. If this electronic message contains a zipped attachment and you do
not have a decompression tool, you may download unZIP (free of cost) from:
http://www.mk-net-work.com/us/uz/unzip.htm. Alternatively, you may request
that the attachment be resent in an uncompressed format.        Thank you.