[Snort-users] Phil Wood Libpcap Installation Problems

IT Security ITSEC at ...14044...
Tue Jan 23 11:10:38 EST 2007

Darryl -

Tried with no luck.  Still get the same error.

./configure --with-libpcap-library=/usr/local/lib

Thanks for the assistance.

- Jesse

-----Original Message-----
From: Darryl Taylor [mailto:darryl.taylor at ...1935...]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 8:00 AM
To: darryl.taylor at ...1935...
Cc: IT Security; snort-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net;
snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Phil Wood Libpcap Installation Problems

Sorry bout that. Needed a little more sleep. It should be
- --with-libpcap-library=[your path]

Darryl Taylor
Security Engineer
SOURCEfire
Office: 404-474-8454
Cell:   404-783-2064
eFax:   404-521-4309

Fingerprint: AEA7 16DB 2DC3 0C3E 43A9 F1B6 E25A 6A7C 16F2 68B6
Key: http://demo.sourcefire.com/dtaylor.pgp.key

darryl.taylor at ...1935... wrote:
> Try ./configure --with-libpcap=/usr/local when compiling snort. If it
still fails then the library was probably compiled statically. If that
is the case, post back and I will tell you how to make it a shared
object. I think I had this problem a few years ago.