[Snort-users] Seattle Snort User Group meets 1/16/2007 at 7:00 PM at SSCC RAH304

James Affeld jamesaffeld at ...131...
Thu Jan 4 13:42:08 EST 2007

The Seattle Snort User Group
meets 1/16/2007 at 7:00 PM at SSCC RAH304

 Come learn about Snort^H^H^H^H Nagios, one of the leading network and service monitoring applications.    It also happens to be available FREE.  Free to use, free to modify and  adapt to your needs. Snort has a successful company (Sourcefire) backing it, and an army of community developers providing their own enhancements.  Snort is the Red Pill that will allow you to see what is happening on the wire - good and bad.

(All these things about Snort are true, but we'll be talking about Nagios and Cacti.  )

Attractions:

   *nix-centric trivia contest and schwag raffle

Presentation Topic: Nagios and Cacti

This time we're going to branch out a bit; a lot of our attendees are generalists like me.  I found Nagios easy to set up and understand, and Cacti was a snap, too.  But I'm already getting useful data and finding things out before people call me about them.

      RSVP at http://www.snort.org/registrations/rsvp.html

 SeaSnUG mailing list

   Regional Map and Directions:  http://southseattle.edu/ campus/map.htm

  Metro Transit Route 125:   http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/schedules/s125_0_.html