[Snort-users] BASE config problem - update

David.Ryan at ...13912... David.Ryan at ...13912...
Tue Feb 6 11:39:58 EST 2007

Luis,

Thanks for the reply.  I have been away from the machine for a while and
am only now getting to run these commands.

php --version ->
PHP 5.1.6 (cli) (built: Nov  3 2006 07:27:53)
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies

rpm -qa | grep -i mysql ->
mysql-5.0.27-1.fc5
mysql-server-5.0.27-1.fc5
perl-DBD-MySQL-3.0007-1.fc5
php-mysql-5.1.6-1.2
snort-mysql+flexresp-2.6.1.1-4.fc5

The output of phpinfo( ) includes the following. I guess the '-
-without-mysql' is the main problem -
"
magic' '--without-sqlite' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr' '--with-xml'
'--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs'  --without-mysql' '--without-gd'
'--without-odbc' '--disable-dom' '--disable-dba' '--without-unixODBC'
'--disable-pdo' '--disable-xmlreader
"

Based on your mail it looks like I'm not going anywhere until I get mysql
support added/included to my php install.  I originally didn't have
php-mysql installed, but I added it before running the rom query above.  I
retried the setup script, but unfortunately I still get the same errors.

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks,

David
=================================
David Ryan
IT Security Engineer, Global IT Security
Quintiles SIS, QDUB

david.ryan at ...14057...
=================================

Luis Torres <al1629608 at ...131...>
29/01/2007 14:55

David.Ryan at ...13912..., snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
cc

Subject
Re: [Snort-users] BASE config problem - update

Hi,

the PHP interpreter generates the errors you see on apache's error_log.
The error is saying your php can't find the mysql_pconnect function so:

1. What version of php do you have? (use php --version)
2. Is it compiled with php support or have php-mysql? (create a script
only with phpinfo() inside and/or run rpm -qa | grep -i mysql if you're on
an rpm based system)
3. what happens if you create a little script just to open a connection to
mysql? does it work? (just call mysql_pconnect, then close)

Good luck

Luis