[Snort-users] Problem with ACID

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Mon Feb 5 18:13:37 EST 2007

>> ACID and BASE have somewhat different install methods.

> And ACID also is deprecated - as far as I know - since 2004 and not
> maintaned any more.

Yep, and apparently the book he is using is somewhat outdated.

> Should install BASE. There also are installation guides on BASE site.

Well, from the sound of the original message he is just starting and a
simple install of whatever flavor is always a good first experience, and if
you learn a thing or two at the time, its even better.

Regards,

Kindest regards,
Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management Team Member
--
*          Visit Us @ http://www.winsnort.com           *

> ACID and BASE have somewhat different install methods.

And ACID also is deprecated - as far as I know - since 2004 and not
maintaned any more.

Should install BASE. There also are installation guides on BASE site.

Regards,

--

Guillaume Arcas                   [http://yom.retiaire.org]
"Je cherche un ailleurs, mais pas trop loin d'ici". (Sempé)