[Snort-users] UDP AND ICMP

Joel Esler joel.esler at ...1935...
Mon Feb 5 10:05:35 EST 2007

Are you sure that icmp and udp packets are being seen by the interface that
Snort is sniffing on?  Do you have Snort running in IDS mode?

On 1/20/07 8:18 AM, "Sunil Kumar" <sunildolley at ...11827...> mentioned to me:

> Dear All,
>
> I am running SNORT on redhat ,
> i am able to log only tcp packets and i am new to linux.
>
> will some one assit how to log ,icmp and udp pakets on snort.
>
> Thanks
> Sunil

joel esler              Sourcefire                   1-706-627-2101

"Steve Jobs invented the world...²
Bill Gates, 2007