[Snort-users] Configuring Snort as a HIDS

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at ...10063...
Tue Dec 4 13:21:29 EST 2007

Hi there -

I have installed the prepackaged snort application, version 2.7, on a server
running Fedora Core 7. My plan is to run the application

as a HIDS. Is there a recommended configuration that I should set up to
accomplish this?

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and
properly dispose of this information.