[Snort-users] Compiling with mysql & mssql support

Richard Bejtlich taosecurity at ...11827...
Fri Apr 13 10:28:52 EDT 2007

David Ryan wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I currently have snort compiled with mysql support and it is logging
> correctly, but I am looking at changing the logging to point at a central
> MS SQL server.  Until I know it works I don't want to totally ditch the
> mysql logging.

Hi David,

This isn't going to answer your question, but I think others would
agree it should be said.  Snort logging directly to any database in
production is a bad idea.  You should log to unified output and then
use one of the many unified output readers to perform the database
inserts.

Sincerely,

Richard