[Snort-users] Compiling with mysql & mssql support

David.Ryan at ...13912... David.Ryan at ...13912...
Fri Apr 13 06:05:50 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I currently have snort compiled with mysql support and it is logging
correctly, but I am looking at changing the logging to point at a central
MS SQL server.  Until I know it works I don't want to totally ditch the
mysql logging.

Is this as 'easy' as recompiling with '- -with-mssql - -with-mysql', or do
I have to compile with one option only ?

Also, my MSSQL people tell me that our central infrastructure only
supports database connections with the following constraints -
the application must be able to run against a database hosted in a Named
Instance, not the default SQL Server Instance
must not require administration privileges to the SQL Server Instance
(admin access to the database is OK, not to the server instance)
we can only support SQL Server 2005 databases on the cluster
Does anyone know whether the Snort MSSQL support fits in this model ?  I
will start reading now, but I'm up against a bit of time pressure, so if
anyone knows the answers straight off it would be cool.

Thanks,

David
=================================
David Ryan
IT Security Engineer, Global IT Security
Quintiles, Global IT - Infrastructure, QDUB

david.ryan at ...14057...
v:  +353-1-819-5186, GMT+0
m: +353-87-124-9108
=================================

**********************  IMPORTANT--PLEASE READ  ************************
This electronic message, including its attachments, is COMPANY CONFIDENTIAL
and may contain PROPRIETARY or LEGALLY PRIVILEGED information.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this message or any of the information included
in it is unauthorized and strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and
permanently delete this message and its attachments, along with any copies
thereof. If this electronic message contains a zipped attachment and you do
not have a decompression tool, you may download unZIP (free of cost) from:
http://www.mk-net-work.com/us/uz/unzip.htm. Alternatively, you may request
that the attachment be resent in an uncompressed format.        Thank you.