[Snort-users] Snort 2.7 beta 2 available - beta-test Snort and get free Snort stuff!

Snort Releases snortreleases at ...950...
Thu Apr 12 18:04:40 EDT 2007

Snort 2.7 beta 2 is now available for download and testing!

FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS:

     * Target-based stream reassembly, including handling of TCP data
overlaps and anomalous TCP header flags on a per-destination basis. 11
different target-based policies are supported. See README.stream5 for
specific configuration options for operating system targets.
     * UDP session tracking
     * Option to emulate Stream4 flushing behaviour
     * Stream5 replaces BOTH Stream4 & Flow -- should disable both of
these when Stream5 is enabled.
     * This release also contains fixes for the DCE/RPC security issue
identified at http://www.snort.org/docs/advisory-2007-02-19.html, as
well as security-related fixes from Snort 2.6.1.4.

BE A BETA TESTER:

       Help us make Snort a better technology and get some free Snort
stuff! Since we are all looking to make Snort better, please feel free
to drop us a line and let us know you're testing. We want to be sure we
have as much coverage as possible. Please submit bugs, questions, and
feedback to snort-beta at ...3990... Credible bug submissions will be
rewarded with Snort goodies.

Get the files at http://www.snort.org/dl/prerelease/