[Snort-users] Snort Debian newbie all is well but I have rules questions

Joel Esler joel.esler at ...1935...
Sun Apr 8 20:47:32 EDT 2007

I always recommend an install from Source.  Regardless of distro.
Apt-get, because of whatever reason, is many many versions behind.

2.3.2 is very old.  The current version is 2.6.1.4

I suggest a reinstall from the tarball available from http://
www.snort.org/dl/current/snort-2.6.1.4.tar.gz

Joel

Joel Esler                                         Security Consultant