[Snort-users] Snort memory usage

Jain, Siddhartha Siddhartha.Jain at ...13873...
Thu Sep 28 18:01:36 EDT 2006

Thanks for that pointer. Stupid of me not to have gone thru the FAQ
first. Switched to the "lowmem" option for search_method and the
utilization dropped to 17M.

Thanks,

- Siddhartha
  408.875.8582

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Joel
Esler
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 2:12 PM
To: Jain, Siddhartha
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort memory usage

Snort 2.6 has a much larger memory foot print than < 2.6.

I encourage a browse through the faq on Snort.org for more info on this
one.

Joel

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 02:06:06PM -0700, Jain, Siddhartha apparently
sent me:

-
share your
> opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn
cash

http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDE

joel esler          senior security consultant         1-706-627-2101
Sourcefire    Security for the /Real/ World -- http://www.sourcefire.com
       Snort - Open Source Network IPS/IDS -- http://www.snort.org
           aim:eslerjoel  ymsg:eslerjoel gtalk:eslerj

-
your
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDE