[Snort-users] Snort memory usage

Joel Esler joel.esler at ...1935...
Thu Sep 28 17:12:04 EDT 2006

Snort 2.6 has a much larger memory foot print than < 2.6.

I encourage a browse through the faq on Snort.org for more info on this one.

Joel

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 02:06:06PM -0700, Jain, Siddhartha apparently sent me:
> Hi,
>
> I am running Snort (2.6.0.2) on an old Sun Ultra 5 with Solaris 7
> (32-bit). The memory usage is running to 200M even without any traffic.
> Is that normal for snort?
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> - Siddhartha Jain
>   408.875.8582

joel esler          senior security consultant         1-706-627-2101
Sourcefire    Security for the /Real/ World -- http://www.sourcefire.com
       Snort - Open Source Network IPS/IDS -- http://www.snort.org
           aim:eslerjoel  ymsg:eslerjoel gtalk:eslerj