[Snort-users] Availability of Snort v2.6.1 beta 2
snortreleases at ...950...
Tue Sep 26 16:57:12 EDT 2006
The Snort Team is pleased to announce the availability of Snort v2.6.1
beta 2. The software and source code is available at:
All feedback on the 2.6.1 beta should be sent to
snort-beta at ...3990...
2.6.1 will provide new functionality including the following:
* New pattern matcher with a significantly reduced memory footprint
* Introduction of stream5 for experimental use
* Improvements to stream4, including UDP session tracking and
optimizations for the reassembly buffer
* Handling for reassembly of SMB fragmented data in DCE/RPC
* An ssh preprocessor for experimental use
* Updated Snort decoder that can decode GRE encapsulated packets
* Output plugin to allow Snort to configure Aruba access control
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Try out a copy and give us some feedback at snort-beta at ...3990...
The Snort Release Team
More information about the Snort-users