[Snort-users] Rules Downloads and Scalability

Mike Guiterman mike.guiterman at ...1935...
Mon Sep 18 10:28:57 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

In order to prevent excess resource consumption Sourcefire announced a new
download policy in August.  Each file may be downloaded once in 15 minutes.

As rule updates are not released on a daily basis, the 15 minute policy
should not impact anyone's ability to maintain up to date coverage.

Subscribers for VRT rules updates are currently exempt from this policy.

Thanks to Jason for suggesting an alternative for managing the resource
issue. The Snort Team is always thankful for feedback.

If you have questions on the policy or have other feedback please don't
hesitate to contact us at snort-site at ...3990...

Keep Snorting!

Mike Guiterman
Snort Community Manager
Sourcefire, Inc.