[Snort-users] Base Configuration!

Guillaume Arcas guillaume.arcas at ...953...
Fri Sep 15 15:39:45 EDT 2006

Selon Joel Esler <joel.esler at ...1935...>:

> > >2. Can base be installed and work properly on a
> > >different server?  Let me clarify:  the snort firewall
> > >will send its logs to a database server and base will
> > >be installed on a different server.
> > >
> > Sure.  All base needs is to know where the db is, what its name is and what
> the login credentials are.
>
> I am reading this as 3 servers, right?  Just to clarify?

That's also what I understood.

And if by "Does mysql have to be running for snort to send its logs to a
different server?" Zakai meant "directly logging in the MySQL DB without
additional tools like banyard", the answer is yes.

Regards,

Guillaume Arcas - [http://yom.retiaire.org]