[Snort-users] BASE installation support please

Nigel Houghton nigel at ...1935...
Wed Sep 13 12:44:57 EDT 2006

On  0, Nigel Houghton <nigel at ...1935...> wrote:
> On  0, Alejandro <alejandritox at ...7588...> wrote:
> > Hi people, but I'm really bad because I follow a snort/base/oinkmaster tutorial for Debian Etch but I have a problem with the BASE web setup.
> >
> > I use snort 2.6, mysql 5.0 and base 1.2.5 (sarah). Base is in
> > /var/www/base with chmod 777. My path to adodb is /usr/share/php/adodb.
> > Everything was OK until the BASE web setup comes to me. I open the URL
> > http://localhost/base, I do the steps until step 2 of 5 appears:
> >
> > Database: mysql
> > Database name: snort
> > Database host: localhost
> > Database port: (default)
> > Database user: snort
> > Database password: real123x
> >
> > and then click on Submit.....and after that I get this error message:
> >
> > Fatal error: call to undefined function mysql_connect() in
> > /usr/share/php/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 353
> >
> > I check all the packages I need and I have all of them.
> >
> > Can you help me please ???
>
> You need to install the php4-mysql package for Debian.

or rather, php5-mysql if you're using php5 I guess. But you get the
idea.

Taking a drink now.

                   Vulnerability Research Team

         There is no theory of evolution, just a list
            of creatures Vin Diesel allows to live.