[Snort-users] BASE installation support please

Joel Esler joel.esler at ...1935...
Wed Sep 13 12:10:22 EDT 2006

This is a common error.  If you go to snort.org, on the left side of the site is "Search Site", punch in mysql_connect().

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 01:03:29PM -0300, Alejandro apparently sent me:
> Hi people, but I'm really bad because I follow a snort/base/oinkmaster tutorial for Debian Etch but I have a problem with the BASE web setup.
>
> I use snort 2.6, mysql 5.0 and base 1.2.5 (sarah). Base is in
> /var/www/base with chmod 777. My path to adodb is /usr/share/php/adodb.
> Everything was OK until the BASE web setup comes to me. I open the URL
> http://localhost/base, I do the steps until step 2 of 5 appears:
>
> Database: mysql
> Database name: snort
> Database host: localhost
> Database port: (default)
> Database user: snort
> Database password: real123x
>
> and then click on Submit.....and after that I get this error message:
>
> Fatal error: call to undefined function mysql_connect() in
> /usr/share/php/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 353
>
> I check all the packages I need and I have all of them.
>
> Can you help me please ???
>
> Thanking in advance,
>

> Alejandro

joel esler          senior security consultant         1-706-627-2101
Sourcefire    Security for the /Real/ World -- http://www.sourcefire.com
       Snort - Open Source Network IPS/IDS -- http://www.snort.org
           aim:eslerjoel  ymsg:eslerjoel gtalk:eslerj