[Snort-users] BASE installation support please

Guillaume Arcas guillaume.arcas at ...953...
Wed Sep 13 12:01:46 EDT 2006

Selon Alejandro <alejandritox at ...7588...>:

> I use snort 2.6, mysql 5.0 and base 1.2.5 (sarah). Base is in
> /var/www/base with chmod 777. My path to adodb is /usr/share/php/adodb.
> Everything was OK until the BASE web setup comes to me. I open the URL
> http://localhost/base, I do the steps until step 2 of 5 appears:
>
> Database: mysql
> Database name: snort
> Database host: localhost
> Database port: (default)
> Database user: snort
> Database password: real123x
>
> and then click on Submit.....and after that I get this error message:
>
> Fatal error: call to undefined function mysql_connect() in
> /usr/share/php/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 353
>
> I check all the packages I need and I have all of them.

Hi.

Looks like you do not have the php-mysql extensions installed or declared.

You can check it by creating a simple PHP page that will just print a call to
phpinfo() function results and see what's written about MySQL PHP extensions.

Regards,

Guillaume Arcas - [http://yom.retiaire.org]