[Snort-users] BASE installation support please

Alejandro alejandritox at ...7588...
Wed Sep 13 12:03:29 EDT 2006

Hi people, but I'm really bad because I follow a snort/base/oinkmaster tutorial for Debian Etch but I have a problem with the BASE web setup.

I use snort 2.6, mysql 5.0 and base 1.2.5 (sarah). Base is in
/var/www/base with chmod 777. My path to adodb is /usr/share/php/adodb.
Everything was OK until the BASE web setup comes to me. I open the URL
http://localhost/base, I do the steps until step 2 of 5 appears:

Database: mysql
Database name: snort
Database host: localhost
Database port: (default)
Database user: snort
Database password: real123x

and then click on Submit.....and after that I get this error message:

Fatal error: call to undefined function mysql_connect() in
/usr/share/php/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 353

I check all the packages I need and I have all of them.

Can you help me please ???

Thanking in advance,

Alejandro