[Snort-users] Problems With Acid in W2KServer

Kevin Johnson kjohnson at ...12400...
Tue Sep 12 22:43:17 EDT 2006

On Sep 12, 2006, at 6:33 PM, Edge Unforgiven wrote:

> Hello I'm beginner with Snort and Acid, but i configured it when I
> access Acid show me the Follows errors, please if someone knows how
> resolved or where i can found a manual about it,
> My System Configuration
> Windows 2000 Server
> My SQL 5
> PHP 4.4.4
> phplot-5.0rc2
> Snort_2_6_0
> adodb492
>
> Thks
>
> Notice: Undefined index: QUERY_STRING in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\acid
> \acid_state_criteria.inc on line 224

Hi-

First, as I am sure you will hear, check out using BASE first.  It is
available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/secureideas
1.2.6 (sarah) is the current release until I can get 1.2.7 out the
door sometime next week.

Second, your error is caused because you have the error reporting
level set to high in your php.ini file.  Set it to
not display notices by changing the line to look like below:

error_reporting  =  E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

Then restart your web server.

Hope that helps,
Kevin