[Snort-users] GIG IDS

Donofrio, Lewis donofrio at ...1052...
Tue Sep 12 09:41:43 EDT 2006

This can be monitored with the open source version as well, just without the "pollish" - unless the open sorce version is hard limited somewhere?

--comments always welcomed.
Lewis Donofrio at ...1052...
Cell: (734) 323-8776

----- Original Message -----
From: snort-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net <snort-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net>
To: Marc Appelbaum <marc.appelbaum at ...11827...>
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tue Sep 12 09:28:07 2006
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] GIG IDS

Marc,

Thanks for writing.  You may want to look into Sourcefire Commercially.  We have machines that achieve those speeds easily.  :)

Joel

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 08:23:45AM -0400, Marc Appelbaum apparently sent me:

>    I'm looking for any insight into successful gigabyte Snort
>    deployments.  My network is huge multi-gigabyte environment.  Most of
>    the connections to my firewalls are gig.  My Intenet connections are
>    mostly dual OC-12s.
>    I'm thinking about using a high end Linux with say Red Hat 4 or
>    FreeBSD with at least 4 GB RAM with a Dual Core Intel CPU.
>    Any advice is very welcome.
>    --Marc

joel esler          senior security consultant         1-706-627-2101
Sourcefire    Security for the /Real/ World -- http://www.sourcefire.com
       Snort - Open Source Network IPS/IDS -- http://www.snort.org
           aim:eslerjoel  ymsg:eslerjoel gtalk:eslerj
Snort-users list archive: