[Snort-users] GIG IDS

Joel Esler joel.esler at ...1935...
Tue Sep 12 09:28:07 EDT 2006

Marc,

Thanks for writing.  You may want to look into Sourcefire Commercially.  We have machines that achieve those speeds easily.  :)

Joel

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 08:23:45AM -0400, Marc Appelbaum apparently sent me:

>    I'm looking for any insight into successful gigabyte Snort
>    deployments.  My network is huge multi-gigabyte environment.  Most of
>    the connections to my firewalls are gig.  My Intenet connections are
>    mostly dual OC-12s.
>    I'm thinking about using a high end Linux with say Red Hat 4 or
>    FreeBSD with at least 4 GB RAM with a Dual Core Intel CPU.
>    Any advice is very welcome.
>    --Marc

joel esler          senior security consultant         1-706-627-2101
Sourcefire    Security for the /Real/ World -- http://www.sourcefire.com
       Snort - Open Source Network IPS/IDS -- http://www.snort.org
           aim:eslerjoel  ymsg:eslerjoel gtalk:eslerj