[Snort-users] Problem with BASE in browser

Kevin Johnson kjohnson at ...12400...
Mon Sep 11 20:13:20 EDT 2006

On Sep 11, 2006, at 2:11 PM, Alejandro wrote:

> People, thnks for all your help because I'm a newbie. Now after get
> BASE
> (sarah) to my Debian, I move the base directory under /var/www/base.
> Afterc that when I go to my browser Konqueror in order to setup the
> BASE
> package I do this:
>
> http://localhost/base
>
> and I get a banner telling me:
>
> Open 'http://localhost/base'
>
> Type: application/x-httpd-php
>
> Save / Open With / Cancel ????
>
> So I can get the BASE setup steps.....just get this banner.
>
> What can be the problem ???
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Alejandro

Hi-

I am not familiar with the tutorial you are referencing, but it
appears that
you are missing a step.  From the message you are getting, it would
imply that
your web server is not set up to parse PHP files and is instead
trying to serve
it to your browser as a text file.  I would verify that PHP is
installed correctly
and that your web server was restarted after you installed it.

Kevin
GCIA, GCIH, CEH
BASE Project Lead
http://base.secureideas.net