[Snort-users] Problem with BASE in browser

Axton Grams axton.grams at ...11827...
Mon Sep 11 18:40:29 EDT 2006

Alejandro wrote:
> I have Base 1.2.5 (sarah), continuing with Andy Firman's tutorial. So I
> have no create base_conf.php, just open  my browser at
> http://localhost/base and the setup steps appear (page 7 from tutorial).
> This was yesterday, but today this page does not appear in the browser,
> just this banner. So I can setup the base package.
>
> Andy Firman tells to create /var/www/base, but maybe I can create
> /var/www/html/base.....I'll see.
You need to the directory that the doc root for your webserver is
configured.  Try this to see what that is:

cat /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf |grep DocumentRoot |grep -v '#'

should return something like this:

DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"

I which case, you would unpack the tgz into "/var/www/html".

Whatever directory this creates inside /var/www/html you will point your
web browser to:

for example, if unpacking creates a directory structure like this:

/var/www/html/base-1.2.6

you would point your browser to:

http://<server>/base-1.2.6

> Really thanks,
>
> Alejandro
>
> Briggs, Bruce escribió:
>> What version of BASE?
>> Did you create a base_conf.php and set up your specifics in it?
>>
>> Bruce

This means that the php apache module is not handling files with the
.php extension properly.  Your httpd.conf should have the following, or
a conf file with the same should be in the /etc/httpd/conf.d directory
(assuming you are using php4):

LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
DirectoryIndex index.php

>> Thanks a lot,
>>
>> Alejandro