[Snort-users] snort throughput

Michael Scheidell scheidell at ...5171...
Tue Sep 5 21:47:48 EDT 2006

A standard 'pizza box' appliance may only have a 3.6 gb/s backplane.
Would they be talking about two 1gb links (2gb bydirectional)?
Either case I would suggest a commercial product.

A pizza box might have a VERY hard time keeping up with 4gbs especially
if the backplane is only 3.6 gb/s