[Snort-users] Sorry, no such sid-gen

Nigel Houghton nigel at ...1935...
Tue Sep 5 10:12:17 EDT 2006

On  0, Ian Masters <ian at ...12163...> wrote:
> James
>
> > Can you elaborate 'where' you are seeing this?  The rules don't contain
> > them...ever.
>
> http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/sigs.cgi?sid=2657
>
> > This really sounds like a old version of snort...
>
> No, it's on the web site

This is a web site issue totally, the place to send web site feedback is
snort-site at ...3990... I'll pass this on.

And for everyone else wondering, the Gid for the main rules detection
engine is 1 (look in your gen-msg.map).

                   Vulnerability Research Team

         There is no theory of evolution, just a list
            of creatures Vin Diesel allows to live.