[Snort-users] tuning sigs priority with modifysid

Stephen Nesman nesman at ...11827...
Tue Oct 31 12:00:54 EST 2006

I made this note when I last changed a priority on an existing rule:

# NOTE: existing cached entries need to be removed from snort.signaturesafter
#       running oinkmaster and restarting snort:
#       select * from signature where signature.sig_sid=[sig#]
#       delete from signature where signature.sig_id=[sig_id# from select]

On 10/30/06, martin <martin3 at ...11827...> wrote:

> I do something like:
>
> modifysid 4156 "sid:4156;" | "sid:4156; priority:3;"
>
> in oinkmaster.conf to change a priority of a signature. Then I restart
> everything. Check the rules files. Everything good. However the alert
> still comes ing at priority 1.
> I am using Mysql. Do i need to change the database entry too??
>
> TIA

Stephen