[Snort-users] libdynamicexamplerule.so

Nigel Houghton nigel at ...1935...
Mon Oct 30 14:41:21 EST 2006

On  0, Eric Hines <eric.hines at ...8860...> wrote:

> I should note, I don't think using all of the options in the DNS
> Preprocessor is what caused this -- it may have been triggered earlier.
>
> But that is when Snort failed to restart for me.
>
> I suppose my question is, where do I get the libdynamicexamplerule.so
> file from?

You don't. That's a configuration example from the snort.conf, copy the
line and change the name to whatever it is you want to use. Or, just
use:

 dynamicpreprocessor directory /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor/

to load all the stuff in that directory.

                   Vulnerability Research Team

         There is no theory of evolution, just a list
            of creatures Vin Diesel allows to live.