[Snort-users] libdynamicexamplerule.so

Eric Hines eric.hines at ...8860...
Mon Oct 30 13:28:54 EST 2006

I should note, I don't think using all of the options in the DNS
Preprocessor is what caused this -- it may have been triggered earlier.

But that is when Snort failed to restart for me.

I suppose my question is, where do I get the libdynamicexamplerule.so
file from?

Best Regards,

Eric Hines, GCIA, CISSP
CEO, President
Applied Watch Technologies, LLC
1095 Pingree Road
Suite 221
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Toll Free: (877) 262-7593
Fax: (847) 854-5106
Cell: (847) 456-6785
Web: www.appliedwatch.com

Eric Hines wrote:
> All,
>
> Has anyone here moved from Snort 2.6.0.x to Snort 2.6.1 yet? By default,
> the following dynamic directories are created in /usr/local/lib:
>
> /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicengine
> /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor
>
> However, when enabling all of the options in the new DNS Preprocessor it
> causes Snort to fail with the error:
>
> Rule application order:
> ->activation->dynamic->pass->drop->sdrop->reject->alert->log
> Log directory =
> /usr/local/appliedwatch/agent/data/agent.RyupiI/var/snort/log
> /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicengine/libsf_engine.so... done
> Warning: Directory /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/ does not exist!
>   Finished Loading all dynamic detection libs from
> /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/
> /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/libdynamicexamplerule.so... ERROR:
> Failed to load
> /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/libdynamicexamplerule.so:
> /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/libdynamicexamplerule.so: cannot open
> Fatal Error, Quitting..
>

> The odd thing is that the /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule directory is
> not created during the Snort installation. Fine if the directory must be
> created manually, but where do I get the libdynamicexamplerule.so file from?

easier