[Snort-users] Detecting Skype traffic (reliably)

Andrew Hay andrewsmhay at ...11827...
Tue Oct 24 15:46:13 EDT 2006

Has anyone, in practice...not in theory, been able to create and
validate a snort signature that is able to classify Skype traffic?
I've been researching for days and am having a hard time.  I know that
TippingPoint has a way of classifying (and blocking) Skype traffic but
from what I hear they don't appear to be sharing the 'secret sauce'.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

--
Andrew Hay [NSA/CCSE Plus/CCNA/Security+/RHCE/GCIA/SSP-MPA/SSP-CNSA]
blog: https://www.andrewhay.ca