[Snort-users] Snort start error: [unknown rule type: dynamicpreprocessor]

Justin Heath justin.heath at ...11827...
Fri Oct 20 15:57:09 EDT 2006

./configure --prefix=wherever --enable-dynamicplugin && make && make install
cp -r etc wherever
edit snort.conf to point to the correct location of the dynamicpreprocessors
lib directory and change the path for dynamicengine to point to the
dynamicengine file itself.

If you are using FreeBSD, OpenBSD or OS X look at the INSTALL guide in the
doc directory of the source tarball for specific instructions for those
platforms.

You can also just use the command line switches --dynamic preprocessor-lib,
--dynamic preprocessor-lib-dir and --dynamic-engine-lib.