[Snort-users] Snort start error: [unknown rule type: dynamicpreprocessor]

Joel Esler joel.esler at ...1935...
Fri Oct 20 14:57:55 EDT 2006

What operating system are you trying to compile/run on?

Joel

Aaron Giuoco wrote:
> I am using Snort 2.6.0.2 (build 85).  I am trying to
> run snort with the following command line options:
>
> snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf
>
> When do, I get the error message:
>
> ERROR: /etc/snort/snort.conf(184) => unknown rule
> type: dynamicpreprocessor
>
> I have compiled snort from the tar package with the
> --enable-dynamicplugin option.  Any idea why am
> getting this error message?  Thanks
>
> AG

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Joel Esler  	     Senior Security Consultant 	1-706-627-2101
Sourcefire    Security for the /Real/ World -- http://www.sourcefire.com
Snort - Open Source Network IPS/IDS -- http://www.snort.org
GPG Key http://demo.sourcefire.com/jesler.pgp.key
AIM: eslerjoel		Gtalk: eslerj		Yahoo: eslerjoel