[Snort-users] Snort 2.6 and gen-msg.map

Nigel Houghton nigel at ...1935...
Thu Oct 19 16:21:35 EDT 2006

On  0, Paul Melson <pmelson at ...11827...> wrote:
> I'm running Snort 2.6 and barnyard, and I realized that gen-msg.map is
> missing the output messages for some of the new preprocessors like
> ftp_telnet.  What to do?  Google and the source /doc directory were no help.

The gen-msg.map in the tarball for 2.6.x is correct. It has all the new
preprocessors in it, I suggest you copy it into place from the etc
directory in your tarball to wherever it should be on your system.

                   Vulnerability Research Team

         There is no theory of evolution, just a list
            of creatures Vin Diesel allows to live.