[Snort-users] 4d:41:43:44:41:44 - MACDAD

Joel Esler joel.esler at ...1935...
Tue Oct 17 16:37:52 EDT 2006

Nick,

If you don't want to receive the sfPortscan alerts, then turn off the
preprocessor and restart Snort.

On Oct 12, 2006, at 2:21 PM, Nick Baronian wrote:

> I am seeing a bunch the MACDAD entries in my snort.logs.  From what I
> understand Snort's portscan detector wraps the packets with the info
> like the 4d:41:43:44:41:44 MAC's, proto255 and such so it can bundle
> them all up.
> If I wanted to ignore these packets how could I set this?  Would I
> have to comment out the preprocessor flow line?  Is the flow tracking
> still only detecting portscans?  Will this hinder anything else if I
> comment this out or is there a better way to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Nick Baronian

> ---
> security?
> job easier
> Geronimo
> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?
> cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642

joel esler          senior security consultant         1-706-627-2101
Sourcefire    Security for the /Real/ World -- http://www.sourcefire.com
        Snort - Open Source Network IPS/IDS -- http://www.snort.org
            aim:eslerjoel  ymsg:eslerjoel gtalk:eslerj