[Snort-users] Check network for system broadcasts...

Akashdeep Bhardwaj bhrdwh at ...131...
Fri Oct 13 11:09:16 EDT 2006

Hi,
  I am looking for a low cost, simple implementation for 250 systems with different OS (all types of microsoft, linux, unix, solaris, mac...) connected via L2 and L3 Cisco and 3com switches (most of these switches are SNMP) having 5 VLANs to -
  1. Detect if a port on particular switch (read machine) broadcasts more that a threshold that I define, to detect virus/spyware broadcasts.
  2. Detect Spyware & Malware on the network.

  Any help is appriciated.

  Thanks in advance,

  Akash
  Bhrdwh at ...131...