[Snort-users] I can not see it

Greta.Ji at ...4682... Greta.Ji at ...4682...
Tue Oct 3 14:27:24 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am a new user on this list. I have a simple problem, and hope to get a

help. I just installed Snort 2.6 on Centos. I follow the document to
bring
eth1 up (eth0 has IP to connect to the Internal network).  But I can not

see any traffic on eth1 (tcpdump -i eth1). I checked the switch, I can
see
traffice on the interface (# sh interface f0/8):

    monitor session 1 source interface Fa0/2
    monitor session 1 destination interface Fa0/8

     270471 packets output, 65224246 bytes, 0 underruns

Did I missing anything at here? Could some one help me?

Thank you,

--Greta