[Snort-users] [Secureideas-base-user] BASE 1.2.7 (karen) released

Humes, David G. David.Humes at ...383...
Wed Nov 29 13:39:56 EST 2006

Hello,

Is there any documentation on the SnortUnified Barnyard replacement?
Anyone using it?

Thanks.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: secureideas-base-user-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:secureideas-base-user-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf
Of Kevin Johnson
	Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 8:41 PM
	To: BASE Users
	Cc: ACID-users
	Subject: [Secureideas-base-user] BASE 1.2.7 (karen) released

	Hi all-

	First I would like to announce that BASE 1.2.7 (karen) is now
available
	from the Sourceforge project page. It can be downloaded from

	This is a minor release with a few bugs fixed and little
changes.
	The biggest part of this release is the contribution of the
SnortUnified
	system.  This is a perl program designed to replace Barnyard.

	I would like to take a moment and thank everyone for over two
years
	of support and help.  When I announced BASE in 2004 I didn't
think
	that most people would notice.  I still can't believe how wrong
I was.

	So I want to say thanks!

	Kevin Johnson GCIA, GCIH, CISSP, CEH
	Principal Consultant