[Snort-users] Snort v2.6.1 and v2.6.1.1 - Either shutdown or hangs after a short period of time

Ron Jenkins rjenkins at ...13980...
Tue Nov 28 20:30:44 EST 2006

I thought the same, but it was working fine with v2.6.0.2 (first started
with v2.6.1), plus this is happening on at least three different servers
all different hardware platforms.

This was the first of the three that at least report something on the
message logs.

Thanks...

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Esler [mailto:joel.esler at ...1935...]
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 7:03 PM
To: Ron Jenkins
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort v2.6.1 and v2.6.1.1 - Either shutdown
or hangs after a short period of time

Sounds like a hardware problem?

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 04:56:38PM -0600, it looks like Ron Jenkins sent
me:

-
share your

http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDE

joel esler          senior security consultant         1-706-627-2101
Sourcefire    Security for the /Real/ World -- http://www.sourcefire.com
       Snort - Open Source Network IPS/IDS -- http://www.snort.org
           aim:eslerjoel  ymsg:eslerjoel gtalk:eslerj