[Snort-users] Snort v2.6.1 and v2.6.1.1 - Either shutdown or hangs after a short period of time

Joel Esler joel.esler at ...1935...
Tue Nov 28 20:02:42 EST 2006

Sounds like a hardware problem?

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 04:56:38PM -0600, it looks like Ron Jenkins sent me:

>    This is happen on several different servers. Below is one of the
>    errors that I found in the messages log file.
>

>    Thanks...
>

>    Nov 28 13:18:33 ids1 kernel: nic0: Too much work in interrupt, status
>    8401.
>    Nov 28 13:57:04 ids1 kernel: nic0: Too much work in interrupt, status
>    8401.
>    Nov 28 14:26:02 ids1 kernel: device nic0 left promiscuous mode
>    Nov 28 15:12:16 ids1 kernel: device nic1 left promiscuous mode
>

>    Ron Jenkins (SnortCP, MCNE, CNE6, MCP, CCNA, CCEA)
>
>    RMJ Consulting, LLC.
>
>    "Bringing Companies and Solutions Together"
>
>    Senior Architect
>
>    7575 Jefferson Hwy #103
>
>    Baton Rouge, La 70806
>
>    Phone. 225-931-1632
>
>    Fax. 225-755-1254
>
>    Email. rjenkins at ...13980...
>
>    Web. [1]http://www.rmjconsulting.net
>
>    (Aanval Reseller and Technology Partner)
>    [2]http://www.aanval.com/tour/rmj
>
> References
>
>    1. http://www.rmjconsulting.net/
>    2. http://www.aanval.com/tour/rmj

joel esler          senior security consultant         1-706-627-2101
Sourcefire    Security for the /Real/ World -- http://www.sourcefire.com
       Snort - Open Source Network IPS/IDS -- http://www.snort.org
           aim:eslerjoel  ymsg:eslerjoel gtalk:eslerj