[Snort-users] Is there any documentation showing how to write a snort plugin?

Martin Roesch roesch at ...1935...
Mon Nov 13 08:18:27 EST 2006

There are no documents or templates on writing output plugins,
however you can follow the preprocessor template (spp_template.c) in
the templates directory for general guidance and then look at one of
the simpler output plugins like spo_log_null.c (95 lines of code, the
first 38 of which are comments) for a basic look at how output
plugins go together.

      -Marty