[Snort-users] inline snort at 400 mb ?

Roger Harris roger.harris at ...13986...
Mon Nov 13 16:19:55 EST 2006

I just joined this list and the first messages I saw were flames
regarding not sending advertisements, but since you asked...

There is a company called Endace that makes both PCI cards and
appliances that can run up to 10GigE, although their model is currently
to be tapped into the connection and not literally in line.  Their
hardware is integrated with SNORT and offloads packet matching from the
CPU and matches in hardware/writes directly to memory.  If you compile
SNORT from source you'll see the "--with-DAG" option and that's their
proprietary technology.

More info at my site:

http://consultsouth.net/ws//index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=5&Itemid=12

Roger Harris