[Snort-users] Seattle Snort User Group meets Tuesday, Nov 14 7:00 PM @ SSCC room RAH304 topic Sguil

James Affeld jamesaffeld at ...131...
Mon Nov 13 15:55:21 EST 2006

The Seattle Snort Users Group meets 11/14/2006 at 7:00
PM, on the campus of South Seattle Community College, 6000 16th Avenue
SW, Seattle.  We'll meet in Ranier Hall, room 304.

Come learn about Snort, the premier Network Intrusion Detection System,
bar  none.  It also happens to be available FREE.  Free to use, free to
modify and  adapt to your needs. Snort has a successful company
(Sourcefire) backing it, and an army of community developers providing
their own enhancements.  Snort is the Red Pill that will allow you to
see what is happening on the wire - good and bad.

Attractions:

The usual trivia contest/schwag raffle.  We have an assortment of good books, t-shirts, and ubuntu 6.06 LTS cds

Presentation:  Sguil Console, integrating Snort with other sources of data into one convenient screen